About This Blog

Ludwig von Mises (1881-1973) was the greatest economist of my time. His greatest works can be accessed here at no charge.

Mises believed that property, freedom and peace are and should be the hallmarks of a satisfying and prosperous society. I agree. Mises proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the prospect for general and individual prosperity is maximized, indeed, is only possible, if the principle of private property reigns supreme. What's yours is yours. What's mine is mine. When the line between yours and mine is smudged, the door to conflict opens. Without freedom (individual liberty of action) the principle of private property is neutered and the free market, which is the child of property and freedom and the mother of prosperity and satisfaction, cannot exist. Peace is the goal of a prosperous and satisfying society of free individuals, not peace which is purchased by submission to the enemies of property and freedom, but peace which results from the unyielding defense of these principles against all who challenge them.

In this blog I measure American society against the metrics of property, freedom and peace.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Liberals Are Children Who Never Grow Up

Think about it.

The lyrics:
PETER PAN:
Are you ready for today's lesson?

ALL:
Yes, Peter!

PETER PAN:
Listen to your teacher. Repeat after me:
I won't grow up,
(I won't grow up)
I don't want to go to school.
(I don't want to go to school)
Just to learn to be a parrot,
(Just to learn to be a parrot)
And recite a silly rule.
(And recite a silly rule)
If growing up means
It would be beneath my dignity to climb a tree,
I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up
Not me!
Not I,
Not me!
Not me!
I won't grow up,
(I won't grow up)
I don't want to wear a tie.
(I don't want to wear a tie)
And a serious expression
(And a serious expression)
In the middle of July.
(In the middle of July)
And if it means I must prepare
To shoulder burdens with a worried air,

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up
Not me,
Not I,
Not me!
So there!
Never gonna be a man,
I won't!
Like to see somebody try
And make me.
Anyone who wants to try
And make me turn into a man,
Catch me if you can.
I won't grow up.
Not a penny will I pinch.
I will never grow a mustache,
Or a fraction of an inch.
'Cause growing up is awfuller
Than all the awful things that ever were.
I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up,
No sir,
Not I,
Not me,
So there!

I won't grow up!
(I won't grow up)
I will never even try
(I will never even try)
I will do what Peter tells me
(I will do what Peter tells me)
And I'll never ask him why
(And I'll never ask him why)

We won't grow up!
(We won't grow up)
We will never grow a day
(We will never grow a day)
And if someone tries to make it
(And if someone tries to make it)
We will simply run away
(We will simply run away)

I won't grow up!
(I won't grow up)
No, I promise that I won't
(No, I promise that I won't)
I will stay a boy forever
(I will stay a boy forever)
And be banished if I don't!
(And be banished if I don't)

And Never Land will always be
The home of beauty and joy
And neverty
I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up
Not me!
Not me!
Not me!
Not me!
No sir!
Not me!
And then there is this: 1 Corinthians 13:11...

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. King James Bible "Authorized Version", Cambridge Edition

Consider this item from the NY Daily News: 6-year-old boy suspended from school for kissing student on the cheek....
Adults take notice! Leftists, liberals, progressives, leftards...whatever you wish to call them...are screwing up your world because they refuse to grow up in theirs. They remain forever children. They conflate "childish things" and adult things. In their world, which is quickly becoming your world, a six year old child can be guilty of sexual harassment, and a 10 year old can be suspended from school for shooting an imaginary bow and arrow.

Why?

Leftards see the world, speak of the world and understand the world as children. If they see something they want, they don't understand why they simply can't have it, especially if lots of other people have it. So they lobby to pass laws that tax other people so they can enjoy subsidized health care, public housing, food stamps, free public education, low interest rates, a guaranteed job with a guaranteed wage and a fat pension. 

If they see something that might hurt them, they want it to be outlawed, thinking the very act of passing a law will consequently make the threat go away.  If they imagine a world boiled over by man-made global warming, they pass laws to ban incandescent light bulbs, "gas guzzling" automobiles, non-recycled aluminum cans and bottled water. Scared of their own shadows, leftards pass laws that ban guns, cigarettes, soft drinks, transfats and texting while driving.

Consider this item from the NY Post...Beneath Yellowstone, a volcano that could wipe out U.S. How do you think leftards will deal with this threat? Ten to one they will claim global warming causes volcanoes to erupt so they will lobby Congress to pass more laws forbidding Americans to fly, or drive or travel as they wish, or eat meat as they wish. Or, they might simply pass a law forbidding volcanoes from erupting. 

These forever children hate adults who tell them the truth: that these laws won't work and will have unintended consequences, that they can't get something for nothing, or that the world is not as simple and childish as they imagine it to be. Leftards hate these adult truth tellers with the unbounded passion of a child, wishing them horrible suffering and death.

These children-who-won't-grow-up see the world not as it is, but as they want it to be, or as they imagine it to be. They don't believe in or understand logic. Like children, they suspect adults conspire against them at every turn. Since they "know" they are right about everything, they also "know" those who disagree with them must be wrong and, if wrong, then those who argue with them, or correct them, must be motivated by ideological zeal, or racism, or sexism, or ageism, or homophobia, or Christian fanaticism or just plain hate or stupidity.

Because of their disdain for logic and their firm belief in their own infallibility, it is impossible to convince leftards of anything. The only way they might change their mind is when they are hit between the eyes by an unstoppable blow of reality...and even then they will resist the truth.

Ever wonder why leftards are so clanish? Why their universities and cliques are such exclusive clubs? Why they work so hard to ban contrary opinions? Why they ridicule outsiders and stifle dissent with uncommon but characteristic cruelty?

Go to the playground and watch your children at play. Now imagine your world run by spoiled rugrats.
You will then have the answers to all these questions. You will then understand what the future has in store for you.

No comments: